Candle Burning Guide
Tahoe Candle Works Candle Burning Guide-
When burned properly, a Tahoe Bath and Candle Works Pure Soy Candle can provide a fragrant, soothing environment in your home or office. Here are some tips for safely getting the maximum enjoyment possible from your candle:
The first time you burn your candle, let it burn all the way to the outside of the jar. That means you will need to let it burn for about one hour for each inch of diameter. For example, if your candle jar is three inches in diameter, your initial burn should be three hours long. If the candle is not burned to the outside of the jar on the first burn, it will tend to tunnel.
Candles made from pure soy wax have what you might call ‘memory’. The candle ‘remembers’ the size of the melt pool and will tend to always burn out to that spot. If the soy candle doesn’t burn all the way to the sides of the jar on the first burn, it will continue to only burn out to that same spot and you could end up with wax clinging to the sides and a tunnel down the middle of your candle.
Try not to let your candle burn for more than four hours at a time, as sometimes the candle wick will “mushroom” and start to throw off smoke and soot. Should this happen, simply extinguish the candle and trim the wick back to 1/4 inch .
Keep your candle away from drafts. Air currents and drafts will affect the evenness of the burn. As will slightly uneven surfaces. Another factor, which you have no control over, is that the wrong size wick could have been used, or the wick may be slightly off center. If your candles burn unevenly, with wax clinging to one side of the jar, simply turn the candle 1/4 rotation whenever you think of it. The problem should then take care of itself. Unfortunately, if an undersized wick was used, your candle is never going to burn to the outside of the jar, therefore it will tunnel no matter what you do.
When using Wax Melts with candle lit pots, use an unscented tea light candle in a well ventilated warmer that will remain visible at all times. Keep away from drafts and out of reach of children and pets. Never burn candle on or around anything that can catch fire. Trim tea light to 1/4 - 1/8 inch before lighting candle each time. Keep tea light free of any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings. Only burn tea light on a flat, level surface. Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
When using an electric device to melt your tart use only an UL listed electric pot designed for wax. Never heat on stove or other non approved appliance.
Finally, RESPECT YOUR CANDLE! As much enjoyment as we can derive from a well made candle, the truth is that a candle is an open flame inside of your home. TREAT IT ACCORDINGLY! NEVER LEAVE IT UNATTENDED! NEVER LEAVE IT WITHIN THE REACH OF CHILDREN OR PETS!